Monday, January 7, 2008

A New Reality

Day one: Classmates started winter quarter. I did not. I went to clinic because I can't see myself anywhere else doing anything else. There is a possibility that I won't get credit for these hours, but I don't care. There are times in life when things don't go exactly as you planned, and the reason doesn't become apparent until much later. I have joked about my adventures in dating, but a life partner is something I have asked for over and over. I have also been told that starting a relationship in midwifery school and having it succeed is near impossible. I guess the saying is true, "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it." Maybe one prayer has been answered at the expense of the other. Maybe one has just been delayed only to be more greatly appreciated down the road. I am still wading through the immense disappointment. I just need to have faith.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Ah Tiff, you already ARE a midwife! I know that you'll continue to be the best at what you do.

Good luck with the dating thing...there really IS someone out there just right for you! Just remember that you may not like every single little thing about him, but if he's good to you (and is, preferably, gainfully employed) and your daughter, I say go for it. Go with your gut but don't be too hard on him, or yourself.

Peace to you, beautiful Midwife.

Louisa said...

Love you Girl.
School is a fucker.
Xx

Niki said...

I'm so sorry Tiffany. We will miss you very much this quarter.