Monday, February 4, 2008

Pull'em out, Pull 'em out, Waaaay out!!!

My gorgeous child has been struggling with a not so gorgeous pair of loose teeth. They have been very loose and very crooked for like two or three months now. She was starting to get teased because she began looking a little like Mater from the movie "Cars". We have spent evenings wiggling these two stubborn teeth and have been anxiously waiting for them to fall out. Tonight she went for it.


Before: two crazy teeth





10 Minutes Later: One down, one to go




After: 5 minutes later, one extremely happy, screaming toothless wonder

It's funny how, as a parent, you anxiously await the milestones only to realize afterwards that there is one more thing you will never again experience with them. Proof that they are one step closer to being grown and gone. I am so thankful that I was not at a birth or at school. We got to share a very special moment that I am sure she won't soon forget. A ray of light in a week full of clouds. Hopefully it will be a fond memory that will help her through the times when I'm not able to be there. I have one very tough, brave girl who I know will continue to make me proud every day.

4 comments:

Sarah Stewart said...

Great to hear from you. Good luck with your midwifery education. cheers Sarah

SNM YEAH!!! said...

That is the cutest post! I remember when I was a child wiggling my teeth loose, remmeber it clear as day literally seems like yesterday. SO yes enjoy those special moments and pictures are great souvenirs. Much love!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

tie-dyed doula said...

Where have you been? Busy, I'm sure...
Shine On!!