Thursday, September 6, 2007

Angry Naked guy at Burnt Man

There are no pictures of anyone other than those from our camp because there is a rule "What happens at Burning Man stays at Burning Man." For this reason it is against the rules to take pictures of anyone without first asking their permission. Although there were pictures taken of me at one point without permission, and I am waiting for them to turn up.
Day one:


Before we even arrive we see news reports that some idiot set off fireworks and burnt the man. It was 85% damaged and had to be rebuilt in 5 days basically from scratch. His mug shot is hilarious. He seems very proud of himself. $26,000 worth of bail later, he was back at Burning Man.



(Photo: Pershing County Sheriffs office)


We search for our campsite and the friends we are meeting. Almost everyone at Burning Man rides a bike because of the vast expanse that this event covers. At last count there were 45,000 people there. As we are walking the roads in prickling heat (the kind that stings your skin it is so intense) we are still new to the nakedness. The boys put on their sunglasses-so as not to be rude as they stare at all the bare breasts. It is easier for me because boobs don't phase me (thanks to all the breast exams at school) and penises are low enough that I can just look straight ahead. But the one thing I can't seem to get over is male naked bike riding. It does not look comfortable in the least.




We eventually find our camp and settle in to our comfy trailer.


If you look on the top of the trailer in the distance, you can barely make out the figures of five extremely hot guys, one in underwear. This was the view from our trailer- now that's what I'm talking about. The only down side is that there were never any women at their camp. Hmmmm.....

I couldn't help but try to blow it up.

We go out to explore the playa, look at the art cars and visit center tent. After a very interesting afternoon of watching breast painting, strangely erotic dancing, and really cool costumed people on stilts, we headed back to camp. On the way we met angry naked guy. Another first for me.


He charged out of center tent muttering something about someone being a bitch and being too good for him. It appeared to be a joke, because there are no angry people at Burning Man. Everyone is nice, complimentary, and giving (in so many ways). But as I laugh at him he becomes very agitated and focuses on my friend. He tells her she is a bitch and should "go back to bitchola" which is apparently a place where bitches live. I couldn't help but laugh really loud. Bad idea. One of the boys cut him off as he charged my friend. He stopped short and just put his face right up to the side of our boy's face and said "I'm gonna look at you." The really ironic thing is that, little did he know, his nakedness saved him. He was obviously very chemically altered and our boy is not one to allow strange men to charge his friends. Our boy later said "I just couldn't bring myself to throw down with a naked guy." I have to agree.













No comments: