Saturday, August 18, 2007

11 days 'til Burning Man


I tried to get out of going, but I have failed. I am excited, but apprehensive. This will be way outside my box. I am going to a place where nudity is so commonplace that you forget to notice. A year ago I couldn't even say the word vagina out loud. Thanks to my midwifery classmates saying vagina is no longer a problem, and I am even comfortable with clitoris (the much more embarrassing cousin of vagina). I doubt I will be meandering around the desert naked, but I didn't think I would be looking forward to doing vaginal exams and commenting on the beauty of cervices (is that the plural of cervix?) either. So I go with an open mind. My last "trip" before I am on-call full-time. Four days away from my girl (sigh*). My friend thinks this will be a life changing event for me, in the deepest, most spiritual sense. It will be the culmination of a year of intense personal, emotional, spiritual and professional growth. Here's to the new me.

No comments: